Musical Analysis #2

"Heaven" - Kane Brown                                            Amber Dennis

As a person of my being, I could imagine what life is like on the other side. Peaceful, forgiving, happy.... home. We as humans are constantly finding ourselves craving that feeling here on earth. When I first heard this song, I felt my body coming into tune with the voice of Kane Brown. He helps me to convince myself that maybe after all the heartbreaks and trauma, love still exists- and maybe I will experience being "his angel" sent to this world. 


Click the link below to listen to this amazing song! 

Heaven - Kane Brown - 2017, USA

Singer
Kane Brown is a 27-year-old American singer and songwriter. Kane faced racism as a young child, shuffled homes around Georgia, and then eventually settled in Tennessee with his mother Tabitha Brown. In 2014, Kane realized his talent in singing and began posting cover songs on social media which actually went viral with Lee Brice's song "I Don't Dance." He participated in American Idol as a teen, and he has progressed over the years. Kane now has a wife named Katelyn and a daughter named Kingsley. They have such an inspiring love story and you can really feel it through his expressions through this song. 

Lyrics
"Come kiss me one more....tiiime" was my catch on this song. It literally wraps up everything he is feeling and singing. Kane expresses how he feels in verse one stating that "this is perfect," like nothing else in the world could match or one-up his love for his girl. In the second verse Kane could hardly compare the girl he loves to something only imaginable "heaven," and that he has already found his, what I would call his heaven on earth. 

Vocals
The song Heaven is the most popular in his album "Kane Brown" Deluxe Album. I can totally understand why because his voice is breathtaking! You could say his lyrics all day long to someone you love, but what brings this song to life is his voice and his heartfelt expression. He starts off slow and comforting, and then in a louder tone expresses how everyone can't wait to go to heaven, but then he reels you back with that low, sweet tone. 

Chords
The intro and outro of this song are the same from what I can see looking at the chords on paper, but I notice that the outro is a lot slower.  Heaven is played in A Major. I could hear vocals, guitars, and drums in this song. 

Rhythm
The rhythm of this song begins slow and is considered a "romantic slow jam." It has a slow tempo with approximately 80 beats per minute. 

My Take:
This song is perfect for me in all ways. I would recommend it every time 10/10. I believe that single or not, you are going to vibe with this song especially if you love to sing and can hit those notes. Looking at the ratings online it is rated 2.5 out of 5, which is kind of surprising to me. But I can agree that this is his most popular song in his album "Kane Brown" Deluxe Album and actually peaked at #1 on October 27, 2017.

Sources:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kane_Brown

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaven_(Kane_Brown_song)

https://www.billboard.com/music/kane-brown/chart-history/country-digital-song-sales



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amber's First Blog Post

2024 Musical Analysis #1

Role of the Performer