Role of the Performer

 Robyn "Rihanna" Fenty

Sooooo, who is Rihanna? Rihanna is a Barbadian pop and R&B singer who was recognized world wide. Rihanna was born on February 20, 1988 and is known for her vocals and her dress fashion. She was discovered at the age of 15 by a man named Evan Rodgers. Rihanna had a tough living situation as a child facing family issues as well as "crippling headaches" that made her insecure about herself. Rihanna loved to sing, but it was thanks to Roberts and his wife for taking her in from Caribbean islands of Barbados to America after recognizing her worth and potential in singing. 








To this day, Rihanna has released 8 albums, 2 remix albums, 1 reissue, 7 box sets and 3 extended plays. Rihanna is considered the best selling artists of all time. Her first album Music of the Sun released in August 12, 2005 when Rihanna was at the age of 16 signing in with Def Jam Records. Rihanna's first single "Pon De Replay" which not surprisingly reached No. 2 on the Billboard singles chart. Pon De Replay is actually one of my favorite dance songs. I remember when I was in like Jr. High at our local disco dances trying to hang out with a bunch of high schoolers dancing to this song. Click here to go back in time -- Pon de Replay (Audio)

Rihanna has not reached fortune on her own, SURPRISINGLY! She is so flawless! I LOVE a whole bunch of her music for as long as I could remember- looking back through her released music I recognize almost all of them and could sing half of them. I never realized how much of these songs she played a role in until I see them all together. One of my whole life entire favorites is Rihanna's " Take A Bow " and " I Hate That I Love You " because I could relate them to so many of trials and errors I've faced with "LOVE." I've put myself in positions with my first love and was done so many times... cried listening to this song on repeat... This song doesn't make any more sense than it has ever in my life because I REALLY understand the lyrics now. I choose me! It's actually kind of funny now. How they say "I wish I knew then what I know now." 

Take A Bow and I Hate That I Love You were both written by Mikkel S. Eriksen, Shaffer Smith, and Tor Erik Hermansen among many other favorites!

Rihanna still gets me all excited. Just doing some research on her has me listening to all her songs reminiscing where she started. You can see the difference from her first releases, to where she is. Her fashion style has also gone through some phases. Her ability to change from a teenage style pop singer to all the sex crazy to punk and sad love styles has really attracted many of her fans. Give her a feeling and she'll sing it! 

References:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_recorded_by_Rihanna
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_of_the_Sun
https://www.biography.com/musician/rihanna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amber's First Blog Post

2024 Musical Analysis #1